Every day, communication over social media is evolving at a rapid rate, with the past 10 years or so being witness to a great deal of advancement. We have come from simple instant messaging to powerful platforms that have become some of the most effective means of product promotion everywhere.
For any enterprise, new or existing, brand recognition is of utmost importance. As an entrepreneur or business owner, you need to have the foresight and ideas to make your company recognizable to the masses. You can target your audience with advertisements, logos, and slogans. You can also create special events to further promote your website or company.
The best way to reach the majority of the people out there is through mediums like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and many more! This is something that can be referred to as social SEO and it is critical that you start optimizing for it.
How Do We Optimize Social Media from an SEO Standpoint?
- First and foremost, learn how to get your profile to be SEO-friendly. The more social media platforms you use, the better. Your “about me” section or bio must not only be interesting but relevant to what you are promoting. Also, add a link to your website in each of your profiles; it is a sure-fire way to get more traffic!
- Ensure that you have a constant and consistent presence in all of your social media accounts. Posting stuff from company news and special offers to simply group events is a great way to show that you are active. On the flip side, be a bit aware of where you are posting. While on Facebook or Twitter, you may post multiple times in a day, on LinkedIn, it can come off as too much!
- Hashtags are a powerful tool for social media SEO purposes as you can essentially consider them to be keywords. Their purpose is to help your target audience find you by sorting your content into the proper category. Again, keep an eye out for where you are using it as not every social media platform encourages it.
- The posts you create must be of good quality and must have headlines that are catchy with the adequate call to action. Also, don’t underestimate the importance of images as these go a long way in helping your engagement on social media.
- Your customers or target audience will, from time to time, leave comments on your posts or forum. You must be responsive here as when you reply to people, they are more likely to consider you authentic and come back. There are also algorithms on social media that better recognize you as active when you take part in a lot of conversations.
When your target audience or someone interested finds your post, there is a good chance of it getting shared. This increases the number of backlinks to your website that makes you appear credible and popularizes your content. The more this happens the better your position will be in search rankings.
What are Social Signals?
These are links, likes, votes, pins, shares or reviews on various social media platforms that indicate how users have interacted with the content or found it useful. It is good to be talked about! Search engines consider user behavior as an important part of page relevance. Social signals are critical as the more something is discussed and shared, the better quality and value it is supposed to have. With social media taking up a very real position in SEO, remember that the content you create must not only be great but easily shareable. Social media buttons are a good way to do that. This will not only bring your business out in the open but also get you quality backlinks from authentic websites.